CERAMIC TILE CARE & MAINTENANCE
Improper care of ceramic tile using maintenance and improper cleaning products can result in a build-up on the surface, causing the tile to be slippery. Wax cleaners and oil-based detergents may decrease the slip resistance and are not recommended for use on your ceramic tile.
CERAMIC TILE CARE
For basic cleaning, the following procedures are recommended in ceramic tile care:
- Sweep or vacuum surface
- Mix water with tile and grout cleaner per manufacturer's instructions and apply to surface
- Allow solution to sit for three to five minutes
- Agitate with sponge or mop
- Mop up solution
- Rinse mop and change cleaning solution at least every 500 square feet
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Dry mop floor to remove moisture or pick up residue with a wet-vac
- Wipe the floor dry
CERAMIC TILE MAINTENANCE
For tile with coarse or abrasive type surfaces, ceramic tile maintenance will need to be performed more frequently. Agitation will need to be more vigorous and water changes more frequent. Proper cleaning of these types of tile is necessary for the slip resistance value to be maintained. Grease or water accumulation may create slippery conditions. Be careful to avoid introduction of grease from dirty mops to your floor surface while cleaning.
Because the grout on your ceramic tile needs time to thoroughly dry after installation, we recommend you do not scrub or wash your ceramic tile for five days after installation. We also recommend protecting your floor against abrasive dirt at entrances to buildings with dirt catching floor mats.