Exclusive Carpet One Floor & Home® SelectAFloor™ Ceramic Warranties
The Beautiful Guarantee™
Our Titanium, Platinum, and Gold SelectAFloor™ exclusive ceramic tiles carry The Beautiful Guarantee™ Replacement Warranty. If at any time after installation and during the terms of The Beautiful Guarantee™ Replacement Warranty you wish to change your new ceramic tile product for a different SelectAFloor™ style or color, your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer will replace it free with another SelectAFloor™ style or color of equal or lesser value from the same ceramic tile display. Should you wish to replace your flooring with a SelectAFloor™ ceramic tile product upgrade, you may do so by paying the difference in retail price. No monetary compensation will be paid if a lower priced ceramic tile is selected.
This is a one-time only replacement. Simply call your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer within the time frame of the warranty and indicate you wish to choose another SelectAFloor™ ceramic tile product from the same display originally purchased under The Beautiful Guarantee™ Replacement Warranty. This is a replacement warranty and does not apply to matters covered by other warranties.
Replacement includes material and labor (removal of old floor, disposal, and reinstallation). Labor to move furniture, permanent construction (built-ins such as cabinets and bookcases), equipment, or electronics is the responsibility of the customer.
No replacement will be made with respect to ceramic tile product that has been subjected to abuse, improper maintenance, vandalism, alteration, or damage caused by smoke, fire, flood, wind, lightning, or any other casualty event. This warranty applies only to the original purchase of a Carpet One Floor & Home® style ceramic tile product that has been professionally installed by a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer or Carpet One Floor & Home® authorized independent installer.
No Questions Asked Replacement Warranty*
All of our Silver and Bronze SelectAFloor™ exclusive ceramic tiles carry a No Questions Asked Replacement Warranty.† If at any time after installation and during the term of your replacement warranty you wish to change your new SelectAFloor™ ceramic tile for a different style or color, your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer will replace it with a different style or color of equal or lesser value from the same ceramic tile display.
This is a one-time only replacement. Replacement includes materials only and does not include reinstallation charges. Labor costs to move furniture, permanent construction (built-ins such as cabinets and bookcases), equipment, or electronics are the responsibility of the customer. No replacements will be made with respect to flooring that has been subject to abuse, improper maintenance, vandalism, alteration, or damage caused by smoke, fire, flood, wind, lightning, or any other casualty event.
Limited Wear Warranty
When your ceramic floor is used in a residential setting under normal residential traffic conditions, your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer warrants that from the date of the original installation and with proper care and maintenance (see Ceramic Care and Maintenance on page 63), your ceramic tile floor will not wear-through** for the period specified by the warranty level of the product purchased.
The wear resistance of glazed tile can be measured subjectively by observing the visible surface abrasion of the tile when subjected to the ISO 10545-7 testing procedure. This Limited Wear Warranty applies only to the original purchaser and installation site and is not transferable.
This limited warranty excludes chips, scratches, or damage caused by improper care and maintenance, misuse, abuse, use of abrasives, insufficient protection from furniture, or any casualty event.
Limited Fade Warranty
Carpet One Floor & Home® warrants that with proper care and maintenance (see Ceramic Care and Maintenance on page 63) your ceramic tile will not fade from exposure to sunlight or artificial light for the length of the warranty period determined by the metal level corresponding to the product you purchased.
Limited Stain Warranty
With our exclusive ceramic tile, you are assured outstanding quality and style. All ceramic tile is designed to meet the highest performance standards and is warranted not to permanently stain when used under normal household conditions and properly maintained. (See Ceramic Care and Maintenance section on page 63.)
Excluded from this warranty are stains to your ceramic tile caused by exposure to IODINE and/or PERMANENT MARKERS. Also excluded from this Limited Stain Warranty are stains to grout, caulk, or any other material adhering to the tile.
The metal level corresponding to the product you purchased determines the length of this Limited Stain Warranty.
Limited Installation Warranty
Your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer guarantees the quality of installation workmanship to be professional and in keeping with the standards set by the Tile Council of America. Should further service be required due to deficiencies in the original installation of your ceramic tile floor, your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer will repair or replace the affected area at no cost to you for the life of the floor. "Life of Floor" means the length of the Limited Wear Warranty specified by the warranty level corresponding to the tile you purchased.
This Limited Installation Warranty applies only to the original purchaser and installation site and is not transferable. This Limited Installation Warranty applies only to SelectAFloorTM ceramic tile purchased from a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer and installed by a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer or Carpet One Floor & Home® authorized independent installer.
General Terms and Conditions
In addition to the requirements specified for each respective limited warranty, the following general terms and conditions apply to each of the limited warranties unless otherwise specified.
- These limited warranties apply only to ceramic tile installed in owner-occupied indoor residential space where no commercial activity takes place. For purposes of these limited warranties, the terms "commercial activity" and "commercial application" shall mean an activity or application engaged in for business purposes, regardless of where such activity or application takes place, including but not limited to, such activity or application taking place in a store, office, warehouse, plant, facility or other place of business or residential dwelling.
- These limited warranties apply only to the original purchaser and installation site and are not transferable.
- These limited warranties exclude ceramic tile flooring that has been put to commercial use, abnormal use or conditions, or abused in any way. "Commercial use" includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm, or flood; damage from smoke or fire; or other casualty event. "Abuse" is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a tile floor in a residence. These limited warranties do not cover chips, scratches, stains, or damage caused by negligence including moving appliances without adequate protection, moisture, erosion, pebbles, sand, or other abrasives. These limited warranties exclude damage from insufficient furniture protection or improper alterations of the original manufactured product.
- These limited warranties do not apply to damages from exposure to extreme heat, dryness or water saturation, or stains as a result of chemical or industrial products (other than manufacturer's recommended cleaning products), including iodine and permanent markers. Nor does this limited warranty cover, in any way, stains to grout, caulk, or any other material adhering to the tile.
- These limited warranties exclude any issues related to grout, improper sub floor, sub floor movement, or slabs as required for ceramic tile by the Tile Council of America.
- To qualify for repair or replacement, the original sales receipt or other documentation must be supplied to verify date and proof of purchase.
- These limited warranties apply only to residential indoor installations performed by a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer or Carpet One Floor & Home® authorized independent installer.
- These limited warranties do not apply to variations in color or shade between products and samples or photographs.
- CARPET ONE FLOOR & HOME® SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
- If there is a conflict between these general terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the warranties as specified, the terms and conditions of the warranties as specified shall control.
* Selection of replacement style must be from the same brand display. Example: Bellisima Tile™ by Dal-Tile replacement would be selected from the Bellisima Tile™ display.
**Wear-through is defined as loss of surface finish, to the point that the body of the tile shows through, due to normal household use.
† The period specified by the warranty level of the product purchased.
(See General Terms and Conditions for other conditions that may apply.)
NOTE:Listels and the Bellisima Tile™ by Dal-Tile are covered for manufacturing defects only.